GuardHill is one of the nation’s leading Foreign National mortgage specialists. Whether you’re a Foreign National looking to purchase property in the U.S. to live in or rent out as an investment property or refinance an existing mortgage, GuardHill offers loan programs for non-U.S. citizens matched with competitive rates and first-class customer service.
What Does “Foreign National” Mean?
The mortgage industry defines a Foreign National as a person who is not a U.S. Citizen and not permanently living in the United States.
Why Should a Non-U.S. Citizen Work with GuardHill for a Foreign National Loan?
GuardHill has a team of mortgage specialists with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our team speaks various languages, including Mandarin, Korean, Cantonese, Spanish, Greek, Albanian, Hebrew, and Russian. We have over 29 years of mortgage financing experience and excel in structuring standard to complex loan programs tailored to borrower’s unique financial needs.
What are the Foreign National Loan Requirements?
Typically, you must meet the following criteria to qualify for a Foreign National mortgage.
- Purchase one of the following eligible properties
- Have a down payment of at least 35%
- GuardHill offers mortgage financing for foreign national loans up to 65% of the purchase price
- Purchase a property that is less than $10,000,000.
- GuardHill may lend on property values greater than $10,000,000 for qualified borrowers.*
- Purchase a property using a personal name or an LLC
What Documentation is Required?
The lender will most likely ask for the following paperwork:
- Copy of ID or Passport
- Copy of down payment check and corresponding bank statement
- Letter of employment
- Most recent two months of bank statements
- Most recent one-month pay stub
- Contract of Sale
- 4 credit references
What is the Benefit of Getting a Mortgage as a Non-U.S. Citizen?
Many international citizens have goals to purchase or invest in real estate in the United States as real estate is considered a valuable and stable asset. With that, there are many benefits to getting a foreign national mortgage.
- Getting a mortgage, as opposed to paying cash, gives you the ability to purchase a property of higher value
- Take advantage of potential tax benefits
- Earn the ability to allocate unused cash to other investments
- When getting a mortgage, you will use cash for a down payment. If you do not purchase a property in all cash, you can allocate unused money into a high-yielding account or other investment opportunities.
- Experience less risk
- When getting a mortgage, you are using less cash up-front, which minimizes your financial risk.
- Have flexible options for purchasing
- GuardHill’s broad range of Foreign National programs may add more variety to your property search.
*Please contact us for qualification information